Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, GBC is 87 years today. Under the instrumentality of the then governor of the Gold Coast Sir Arnold Hodson, affectionately known as Sunshine governor, GBC commenced operations as a relay station.
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo resigns from Citi FM/TV
- Asonaba Kwadjo Nomafo quits CMG, joins EIB Network
- CONFIRMED: King Lyrikal resigns from Dagbon FM
- Maame Nyarkoa hosts ‘ASETENAPA’ on Freedom Radio
- BREAKING NEWS: Citi FM’s Bernard Avle loses wife Justine Avle
Broadcasting first began in four Ghanaian languages namely Fanti, Twi, Ga, and later Hausa.
Speaking in an interview with GBC NEWS on the occasion of the day, a veteran broadcaster Nana Essilfie Conduah was worried about the shut down of the external service of the corporation.
He said GBC is an embodiment of the Ghanaian people and must be protected and preserved for posterity.